Monday, September 26, 2011

My Role Model, My Choice

Since childhood, I think of being someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger, George Clooney, or Hugo Weaving in the recent Matrix trilogy or anyone I am fond of on the silver screen. These desires were only part of my dreamworld; not those things which drive me crazy. I get excited when I see those guys in movies. Even now, sometimes when I am alone, I talk to myself delivering all the dialoguesin prominent movies in the way these guys deliver. Its not only about these celebrities, I also wonder about how beautifully these innovative movies are made; for instance films by Chris Nolan and James Cameron are my all time favorites. I even think of becoming like them one day. When it comes to music, I get inspired by Oasis, Iron Maiden and Metallica. I wish I could write songs like Oasis and Metallica or even play music like Iron Maiden. The songs are simple; but they have so much meaning in it. Music composition of Iron Maiden just turns me on and takes me to new world all the time.

But hey, wait a minute, where am I heading? My skills are different, my qualification is different. All these things are way different to me. These guys are unreachable unless you are fully involved in it. Well, I always admire those people who work with me and who have better skills compared to me. I have seen people who design solutions to the most complicated problems we have in requirements. And what's more - these people inspire me to follow their path. Share their knowledge, make me learn new things and deliver better. These people are not celebrities, but they just normal people who meet me daily and I sit next to them at work place or at lunch. So, a sense of hope arises in me to tell me "If they can do it, why can't I?" All it takes is a little push to get me going in the path to learn what they have learnt and be capable of what they are doing or do more than what they have already done. Believe me, these guys are not my managers or supervisors at work. I hang out with them, have lunch, tea breaks, etc. Earlier I thought, its not good or cool to discuss about the things that I want to (technical stuff, to be precise) during breaks. But, in fact, its perfectly all right to talk about it. Some people like the topic as well. So, my thought processes matches the way they think. Thus, they don't fail to inspire me. It really matters how I choose my role models.


The whole idea is its not necessary that a Hollywood big shot or hit single musician to be my role model. It can be any one around me! Well, when it comes to movies, music and books, these celebrities are with me to keep me happy and occupied. Inspired by Chris Nolan's screenplays, I am thinking of a really good plot to write a script. Apart from blogging, I believe writing scripts is also a good choice as a hobby. Hmm, learning to write songs (like Oasis) is also not a bad choice. But, I find it unlikely, because I don't possess the built-in skill of being poetic. I had began writing script for a simple story and screenplay was more or less like Memento. I couldn't think about complete story and a strong plot. So, it remains unfinished. I can't sit idle, can I?

1 comment: