Saturday, November 23, 2013

Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson

Here it is: yet another great story of adventure! A fun filled, action packed plot which I am sure children will love it! Yes, I said children; because had I read this when I was a kid, I would have found it amazing! I came across a lot of "Aye! Aye! Cap'n". Oh yes! This story has pirates - lots of them! You will certainly learn the way of the pirates, what happens before the mast and also the most commonly used words, especially Jolly Roger and Davy Jones. I loved the character of Long John Silver. His ways of switching sides between the good & the bad with his infamous quote: "You may lay to that!" Now don't be surprised if this book reminded me of the film series Pirates of the Caribbean. Because it certainly did! It reminded of Cap'n Jack Sparrow and his shipmates. So, there you have it. It is a free public domain book. Grab yourself a copy and have an enjoyable read!

No comments:

Post a Comment