Saturday, November 3, 2018

Turbulence

Turbulence

Your passive taunts don't bother me
When you glorify my weakness.
I don't have the nerve to fight;
Not because I am afraid of you,
But because I am scared to
Lose my inner peace.

Although my silence is full of answers
You don't care to know my troubles.
And I cannot bear your noise either.
Because listening to your rant
Has become a burdening torture.

Why don't you recall our days of joy?
How happy we used to be for each other.
Remember the time when
We were caught in turbulence
Right in the middle of the storm?
And all those times when it didn't matter
If we didn't even go out for a stroll?
There was a light shining in your soul
With the power to sing songs and verses
That had spells to light the darkness.

Now it feels like you yearn for that pain
For that happiness to be in place again
You want that empty hole to be filled
But you have forgotten what to fill it with.
Instead, it is filled up with mediocrity.

You pick on the things I didn't do for you
Which did not bother much back then.
I am slapped with the ledger of things
You have been doing for me every day
And you expect a fair value in return.

I want you to have your desires quenched.
Then you will see that your thirst is insatiable:
The lamp of joy lies within yourself, darling,
Which has been doused by that empty hole.

We both used to have so much in common,
But now, you and I are standing at the poles
With nothing but an endless desert between us.
The scorching sun is enjoying this vivid spectacle
As though we're basking in this mess at his behest.

Rest assured that I won't give up on us.
It's just another turbulence in between us,
Which we will have to face it together.
I know that in time, it will subside;
In time, the light will glow again.
In time...


Oct 17, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment