Friday, September 14, 2012

The World that was Heaven


The World that was Heaven

Poem Text

Enjoying the cool summer basking on the beach,
I embraced the spoiled world being unleashed.
Unaware that I am blinded by fake pleasure,
It felt like I found a lost golden treasure.

Unable to foresee what's coming down upon me,
I failed to realize I was being perished away slowly.
Trapped in a bubble filled with poisoned air,
Breathing it in blatantly without a tinge of care.

I detested the world which shielded me from evil,
As I was becoming a dangerous weevil.
It guided me in the path of righteousness,
Although my life was overgrowing sinfulness.

I kept ignoring that dearly loving world
As if it never existed and never born.
I was getting lost in my own imaginary world
Into the subtle space that was never known.

To realize the truth, it is now very late;
I have already gone too far to reach my own fate.
My eyes can hardly see where I am going
After losing trace of that heaven once I lived in.

This world of mine is not accepting me anymore; 
Where there was glory is now painted in gore.
It is ruthlessly loathing me for what I am,
Casting me out as the thing that is damned.

Now I am only filled with unbearable regret
Which is torturing me to die in cold sweat.
Suffering with murderous guilt and despair,
I am left paralyzed and insanely scared.

Having butchered my life by my own hands,
I am desperately dying to go back to that divine land.
Now, only a miracle can save me from being forsaken,
To help me return to the world that was Heaven.

Edited: May 20, 2021

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully written but sounded so sad ...

    BTW. Curious on what I wrote about you? Check this out :-)
    http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/09/tidbits-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Thank you Angela. You made me feel treasured :)

      Delete
  2. That's so sad! Makes me think somebody needs a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not only sad, but sick. I wrote this poetry based on the idea I got when I saw a group of people at a bar. But don't be mistaken that it was me :)

      I guess you paid your first visit to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy reading my posts :)

      Delete
  3. Amit, I enjoyed reading your poem. So many people can relate with this! It was very poignant and powerful. You beautifully illustrate how hopeless one can feel when their happy, heavenly world becomes tainted by things that seem to be out of their control and can't be undone. But with enough willpower, can one overcome such self-destructive, pessimistic feelings? I hope that you will have a follow-up poem where you explore if that is possible. I'd love to read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem is published at free poems online.

    http://freepoemsonline.blogspot.in/2012/10/the-world-that-was-heaven-by-amit.html

    ReplyDelete