Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Perfect Afternoon

I took a hot bath during this chilling day late in morning. It was 11:30 AM. Then I thought "What to do now,  being all alone and nothing else to do?" I thought of reading a novel. I starting reading it from where I had last left. Few moments later, I thought something is missing. I turned on the radio. The music was too loud. I wanted music that soothed my ears. I turned it off. I needed something to fill up that spot.

Ah! I have just the thing that will make this day perfect. I went straight to the kitchen and took out a bottle of Scotch. It was more than half full. I also pulled out a can of soft drink from the refrigerator to mix with it. I made my drink with utmost love. I took the glass and my book, took a seat in my giant sofa. I sat like Al Pacino in Godfather. I resumed reading, sipping the drink every five minutes. It was like I had been waiting for this to happen for a very long time.

An hour later, I decided to take a break. I looked around the living room. My big music system - turned off. My giant TV - switched off. And I, sitting alone with absolute silence surrounding me and the sunlight entering the living room just enough to light it up, my inner voice screamed with joy "This is what I call LIFE! Just the way I wanted it to be." 

It is celebration of Christmas for many others, but today is celebration of My Life. A drink, a good book, a giant cozy sofa and pin drop silence. Although the afternoon was short lived, I cherished every moment of it. I am looking forward to have such moments in days to come.

6 comments:

  1. It's true - being alone does not necessarily imply being lonely! Happy to share your aloneness with you at this celebration time, Amit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good afternoon to me.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed Amit. So glad you enjoyed your time and your being wiling to share it with us. I find my alone time is when I restore myself. Mind, body and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I do every day altering your scotch with water though. Isn't life just worth celebrating everyday?

    ReplyDelete