Friday, March 2, 2018

The Cadbury Girl

The Cadbury Girl

There was this girl I adored when I was a kid
She appeared in a TV commercial for Cadbury's Dairy Milk
Back in those days, there was no Google, Facebook or YouTube
As her lover hits a long nervous shot and wins the match
She appeared so happy, so joyful and so lively
She jumps out into the field, bypassing the security guard
With her crazy dance moves, she finally embraces him.
Then I really felt that life is so beautiful.
I used to smile every time when the ad appeared on TV.

One of my friends on Facebook shared a video compilation.
It was a collated video of all the popular ads of the 1990s.
The Cadbury girl commercial was one of the clips.
Then I was really curious to know about her:
What's her name, where does she come from?
I began to look her up on the web immediately.
I was curious to know what she's been doing:
Has she been working in the movies or any TV series?

In my desperate search for her all over the web,
I finally found out what her name was.
It was mentioned in one of the comments on YouTube.
My heart was racing with my eyeballs rolling over the name.
Then my heart stopped and my eyes were wide open.
I was completely shocked and surprised for that moment.
It was written: RIP Sophiya Haque.
I looked at her Wikipedia page like an obituary.
It made me sad.

When I looked up her images,
She wasn't the Cadbury girl.
Some said - she is not Sophiya Haque,
She is Shimona Rashi - said the rest.

Whatever her name is, wherever she really is
With forty seconds of her appearance
She made a lot of us have
The Real Taste of Life.



Feb 6, 2018
(c) amit herlekar



2 comments: