Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Book Review: Children Of Time


Whoa! It feels great to finish reading this thick novel. Yes, its 600 pages long. Thanks to the lock down, I was able to spend more time on reading. The characters are unique. The story is about the last remnants of humanity trying to find a home planet in the universe. The central character is a spider named Portia. Its all about how she evolves over centuries and dominates her colonies on the green planet. I felt it is dragged. The plot is heavily built around themes like Messiah, AI and it tends to bias the reader towards a single perspective towards the end. But when I was reading the last three chapters, I felt the story should not end. Because the climax is just beautiful. They express what really makes us human, what humanity really means. And it took me completely by surprise, that how wonderful a twist can be written. But I surely felt, the book could be shortened by 100 pages at least by removing the unimportant stuff.

Find this book on Goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment