Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Book Review: Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz

Let me keep this short. I felt this novel is dragged. It could have been wrapped up a lot quicker than it is. But, I love the twist in this tale at the very end. I love stories with twists. Unlike the Sherlockian twist that the detective unfolds the mystery to his readers, I never foresaw a twist coming my way; and that's why it was quite an entertaining read. This is the time when I felt the drag made sense. Until this point, I felt it was moving rather slowly as the narrative seemed mundane, monotonous and unintelligent. There are some obvious loose ends as well. I think this kind of tone is deliberately set by the author for an explosive ending. Should the appearance of Sherlock Holmes took place anywhere but in the last chapter, then it would have spoiled the plot. It was a wise decision to make Holmes appear as part of a back story. Even though the story tries to set a darker tone with its gruesome scenes, it is not as good as the first: The House of Silk.


No comments:

Post a Comment