Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Rendezvous With Nature

Rendezvous With Nature

The stream of words
Trickles from my mind
With no intention of
Making me conscious
Of the fact that I am
All alone in this world.
This feeling of great relief
Prospers when the draughts of
Fresh air is felt in my lungs
While my eyes relish
The spectacular view of
A calm lake on one side and
Vast paddy fields on the other.
Against the backdrop of
The setting sun, it looks like
A lush green carpet laid down
For the Gods to rest.

The long stroll on the lakeside path
Did not weaken my strength,
Nor did it cease to amaze me
As I gradually steered across
The farm of betel nut trees
Swaying with joy against
The cool evening breeze.
It is then I saw a pair of
Hornbills stealing the nuts.
When they caught me staring at them,
It was a magnificent sight
To watch them flap their wings
And fly away to the next farm.

The treasure cove of pleasure
Lies in such beauties of nature
Planted within man's reach.
It can be experienced only by
Training the senses to admire
The divinity of spiritual essence;
For life is truly untangled
When it is filled with tiny joys
That define simplicity.

September 30, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment